Sunday, July 04, 2010

More on Beach Safety for a Safe Summer

A little over two years ago I wrote a post about the beach season in Libya and posted a link to a wiki about how to survive a riptide. This innocuous post brought forth a barrage of comments - many quite negative and quite a few that were so horrible that I couldn't even post them! Beach safety became the HOT issue of the day in the blogosphere!

In the end, one commenter was inspired to make a FANTASTIC swim safety video and post it on youtube, and I also posted it my blog in a follow up post.

Well, it's beach season again in Libya. And safety is still an issue. I found an interesting post titled: Recognize the Real Signs of Drowning and Save a Life. Have a look at the links in this post - you just may save a life, it may even be your own!

Tajoura, Libya
Wishing you a safe and happy summer.


1 comment:

  1. I read the link on rip tide safety. I don't understand how a basic primer on beach safety and the importance of learning to swim provoked such vitriol. However one of those who commented, a Musa Ali, is in fact aka Moussa Imbrahim, Gaddaffi's spokesperson. It's chilling to note how he mentions that he has "followed your blog" for over 2 years. It's more likely that he was "monitoring" what your blog for any comments against the "leader."
    Anyway, I enjoy your posts and hope you will provide more descriptions of the current transition in Libya.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List