Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shopped & Relaxed

I've spent the weekend relaxing and getting things ready for Ramadan. Part of this meant I did some shopping and the other part meant that I ordered my kids around trying to get the house organized.

The shopping part was the pleasant part. I got a new blender and a microwave oven. Also some stuff for the kitchen; plastic containers and soup spoons. I have plenty of everything for the kitchen already. I also picked up some curtains for my bedroom and a small furniture dealie with three drawers in it that fits nicely under my desk. I didn't need those but I wanted them and cash was in my pocket so I got them.

I decided that for the groceries I'm not going to go shopping for anything special. There's a shop around the corner that always has just about everything I need. I can't understand why Libyans go berserk at the grocery store right before Ramadan starts. You would think that all the food was going to disappear or something.

I have a busy week ahead of me. I enjoyed my relaxing weekend... now I'm ready for the week to begin.


8 comments:

  1. What confuses me is that everyone say's they stock up before Ramadan, however during Ramadan the shops are so jam packed that I can hardly manoeuvre myself around to reach up for the jar of olives…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the rush for food as well. My buying patterns change very little. I usually only make more desserts during Ramadan than I would normally. I spent my day with the head in the oven and the fridge (cleaning of course). Fun! Enjoy your week.
    Nora in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, exactly, why do people start stocking before ramadan. May be it is because by doing that they feel that ramadan is coming. it is the like the anthem before a soccer match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What bothers me even more is the price rise. What's funny is that even baby's powder milk has gone up in price before ramadan (a huge rise may I add). Maybe babies have started fasting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always stocked up on certian things so we could avoid having to shop in Ramadan and avoid the higher Ramadan prices. It helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. its the same reason why you went out and got the oven and stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wander what is the thing with ladies and shopping????? mmmmm....THIS RELATION IS AS ETERNAL AS SPACE AND TIME...SIGH...
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  8. does last year spoons wear off? or is it just a bad habbit? incidently this bad habbit for stocking up and buying new stuff and painting the house and chnaging the carpets .. are all signs of xmas holiday is round the corner..so thankfully its not just a libyan trend , ramadan mubarek.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List