Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Right before the kid's exams started the telephone service stopped working. It was time to pay the bill. I decided to wait until all the exams were over before paying it. So for the past few weeks we've been without a landline.

It really doesn't matter much to me as most of the people I call have such bad telephone connections that you can hardly hear them above the annoying sounds of crackling, whooshing and other people talking because of crossed lines. On one of my friend's lines you are blasted by a radio station in the background the entire time you are talking! Can the phone company get their act together? This is 2008.... sigh...

Yesterday Nora had her last exam - Yeah! and so this morning, as promised, I went to pay the bill. Usually you pay it in the morning and the company turns the service back on some time in the afternoon. Every few minutes one of the girls picks up the reciever to see if it's working. They keep looking at the phone - expecting it to ring and they're calling the line with their mobiles to check too. hehehe...

So, for those that are complaining that they can't reach me... keep trying! I will soon have a landline again but most likely the line will be busy because the girls will be calling everyone they know to tell them the phone is back.

1 comment:

  1. coool why dun u try the new wireless phone its alot better than the old system. go for it teri n lemme knw howz?

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List