Friday, August 17, 2007

I've started getting ready

I did some shopping today for the upcoming month of Ramadan.
  • Soup bowls,
  • the biggest steamer I could find that would fit on the stove,
  • kitchen towels,
  • a serving pitcher for olive oil that has the measurements on it's side (not sure why I need this because I rarely measure anything - just go by eye),
  • assorted cool looking gadgets (that I will probably just throw in the drawer),
  • an apron,
  • two huge serving bowls,
  • and some other small things.
I still haven't found drinking glasses that I like. We go through so many of them every year that I think we have had every style that's being sold in the shops. I want something different (and less prone to breakage). Maybe I should just go all the way out and stock up on paper plates and plastic cups! It would definitely make washing up so much easier.

Next week is food - cases of tomato paste, milk, bags of rice, and other essentials. The prices are all going up and the shops will get jam packed with people. So the sooner I get it behind me the better.


1 comment:

  1. Don´t forget flour for the bread and cakes!
    And if you forget the yeast, you´ll have to bake tagella in the hot sand for hubby and kids all month long...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List