Sunday, October 01, 2006

The shopping has begun

I've begun the chore of shopping for Eid clothes. I started shopping today.

There's one particular shop that I like to shop at for Ibrahim and Jenna's clothes. The shop is quite small, but the selection is nice and the boy that runs the shop is very well mannered and polite. I stopped by the shop today while I was out running errands just to see what they had in stock. They had a few things I liked but the shopkeeper said he'd be getting more things a bit later in the day. I told him I would be back the next day. God willing, I will have Ibrahim and Jenna's shopping done tomorrow.

Later I took Sara out and we found a beautiful outfit for her. She's hard to shop for because most of the colours that they bring here don't go well with her fair skin - they make her look ill. This season seems to be oranges, browns and greens, with everything cotton, embroidered and wrinkled looking. After looking in quite a few shops we finally found something perfect. We looked for shoes in a few shops but the ones we liked weren't available in her size. We'll have to look again.

With a bit of luck, by the end of the week I will be finished with buying Eid clothes. Nora and Yusef will each need a day for themselves. It's a job I dread because of all the pushing and shoving and traffic, but I think that this year we've got it under control. I've decided to take each child out individually, spending time together and hopefully enjoying ourselves.

By the way... no one has even taken a guess at the latest 'Where is this?' challenge.

2 comments:

  1. It's good to start shopping early in Ramadan.But if you ask me about the whole thing;I mean about(shopping in Ramadan) I hate it.
    so I prefer,after or before.
    Above all .....God wiht you on this, and I wish that every one will be happy with the new clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List