Monday, October 31, 2005

news of the day

I think I've finally finished with the dentist. It seemed like I lived in that chair for a while. Hopefully I won't have to go back for a long time. I really hate going to the dentist!

Ramadan is almost coming to an end. The kids only need to buy shoes for Eid. They can do that with their father. The shops are so jammed packed it is unbelievable. 'Push & Shove' is the phrase of the day. I'm counting the minutes until it is over!

On another note:

I got some really depressing news. My friend's sisters were coming to visit Libya from the US but it seems that the current political situation isn't favourable and they cannot get a visa to get into Libya. They've had to cancel their trip.

On top of that I find out that Americans can't renew their passports at the US Liaison Office here - you have to go either to Tunisia or Malta to apply and then make a second trip to pick up the passport when it is ready. This is just ridiculous as we used to be able to do that from here (even when we had to do it through the Belgian embassy). What on earth is the Liaison Office there for anyway? I hope they straighten this out soon because my passport has about 7 months before it expires. Having two trips to Tunisia might sound nice, but it adds a ton to the cost of renewing your passport, not to mention the hassles of it all.

Why does it seem like things are going backwards instead of forwards? I guess we just take each day, one at a time. But I hate living that way - I like to know what the future will hold (at least a little bit anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List