Friday, April 29, 2005

things are ok here

Yusef is driving us all crazy - he won't sit still for a minute. I keep yelling at him and telling him that his arm will not heal properly if he doesn't stop messing around. Also, exams are coming up and no one seems interested in studying. . . . sigh . . .

Tomorrow is a very big day. Jenna's school is having a fair and Jenna is going to be dancing with a group of the girls. She has been practicing for about a month. She told me to make sure I have enough batteries for the camera and that she wants NO still shots ONLY videos! She informed me that she is to be at school at 8 in the morning. I'm not sure when this shindig is supposed to happen - time is a rather loose concept in this part of the world. I am thinking to mosey on over to the school around noon.

I tried to convince one of my friends to accompany me - but she said NO WAY and suggested I ask another of our friends. But I told her that there was a special reason that I wanted her to come - it's because she has such a lovely, and wicked sense of humour, and together we would find something amusing about the whole event. The friend she suggested I bring with in her place was definitely not suitable. She is way too friendly. She would end up getting to know everyone and they in turn would show their faces on my doorstep thinking that I must be just as friendly. It's not that I'm unfriendly - it's just that I try to get involved with Libyan ladies. I have tried in the past - but it ends up being nothing but problems. They don't understand my thinking or way of life.

I will go by myself - and bring the camera. Be prepared! Pictures will soon be on the way!

1 comment:

  1. Glad thing's are settling down. I look forward to those school photos

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List